This is a fun, clean and wet activity. We call it “Sock Mopping”!
- Make sure that every family member participating has a pair of thick cotton socks (sweat socks).
- Get your house ready for washing the floor. This activity is the only thing that gets my kids excited to clean up!
- Fill a bucket with soapy water (we use regular floor cleaner diluted with a lot of water).
- Take turns stepping into the soapy water. (this is a great way to cool off!)
- Now start mopping the floor with your socks! It is actually a lot easier to reach the corners and edges.
- It’s also a lot of fun to slide around! (With thick socks it is not too slippery but please pay attention to make sure things don’t get too wild.)
- Heads up – You will probably need to use a mop at the end to finish up the job.
We hope you enjoy this cleaning activity together with your kids!